Friday, May 12, 2006

NSA Phone Call Database

I think I'm beginning to agree; George Bush is no conservative. At least not in the post 1984 sense.

What limited government advocate could approve of a national database recording every phone call made in the country?

I think George Bush, Jr. grew up on the inside. His dad was CIA director. He got to kick around Ronald Reagan's White House. He learned along the way that access to money and power could bring you a lot of rewards. He picked up on the language of the Reagan revolution; but he internalized a sense of entitlement to the use of power and money.

I guess I should be happy to see the principles of modern conservatism being shredded by the guy in charge of the movement. But maybe there are some things more important than just politics.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?